Sunday, October 26, 2008

Andrew Michael



We just returned from seeing, holding, kissing Grandson #2. I did not think any baby could compare to #1. I was right. #1 is no longer a baby; he is a fabulous grown-up big brother.




#1 dressed in full scrubs for the birth. He was "treated" like a real doctor by the nurses and even other new fathers. One father even asked him the directions to the nurses. Without any hesitation, #1 said "Go down this way and turn to the left." When the father returned to say that he did not find the nurses, he was told "You went the wrong way!" When Drew came to the room before he had to go to the NICU because of a minor problem, all Clayton could do was tell his mom and his brother "I love you."



Clayton wore his Big Brother shirt and Drew wore his Little Brother shirt when Drew was able to room in with mom.



I am not the least a proud grandmother. I am truly blessed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mrs. H! Drew is a cutie, and I was so impressed with how calm Sarah and Wade were on Sat! Wish I could've seen you, too!

Sarah said...

I know that it is difficult to make the trip up to see us and that it is quite an expensive feat. But... I am SOOO glad that y'all were here. It just wouldn't have been the same without you there! Clayton loved getting to see you and Dad! Thanks for all that you did for him. You both looked great and it made my heart happy to see you. We love you both very much!!!