Friday, June 27, 2008

Harvey Visits Again


Harvey came to visit last week. He is 4 years old now and is such a sweet dog. There were times in the past that I doubted ever being able to say that about the Harv! My younger daughter got him at a puppy adoption at Pet Smart while she was in college. The adventures she had with him cannot be believed. She could probably write a book. Harvey has chased cats, had a best friend Brinkley, and even had a dogie birthday party with some other friends. Harvey makes friends with four footed creatures very easily, but he has always been unsure of strangers. Maybe his phobia is because of being in a pound when he was just a puppy. When he came into our lives, he was only as big as his head is now!

Harvey showed how much he had "matured" when he visited this time. The lawn people left the back gate opened. I didn't notice it until I had already let Harvey out. Before now, I would have expected him to scampered out of the gate and into the street. When I noticed the gate being open, I told him to not go out and to come in the house. He looked at the gate, eager to escape. But instead he came back into the house. I was so relieved. The picture above is of Harvey, my daughter, and my son-in-law. Even though it looks like it in the picture, Harvey does not have devil eyes. He has the gentlest big brown eyes.


No comments: