Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Skype to the rescue

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. Hubby went to Norway about his project. Europe as a whole is not very wheelchair accessible. Staying home is a good reminder that I can take can of myself. I dealt with a pool motor needing to be replaced; my van's battery had to be jumped; wind damage on the roof. A good friend, Reggie, rescued me on the van. Home owner's insurance paid for the motor (Thank you First American!). House insurance will put on a new roof. Naturally, all these fiascoes happened while my hubby is in Norway. It was comforting to know I could reassure him that I took care of all these problems by talking to him.


Calls to Norway are out of question because of cost. Our older daughter taught us about Skype. It is amazing. I can talk and see JD with Skype. He can use Skype when he needs input about his project. He can even discuss a problem with his draftsman. Oh the wonders of living in the age of computers.

Even better, I have been able to talk to my Dallas grandchildren. Skyping is another communication "fix" for anyone - but especially for someone who needs help with being able to connect with loved ones.

No comments: