Friday, July 18, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane


I'm glad that I am not a kid in this crazy world. Sure, there are a lot of incredible advantages, but I am not ready for the sophisticated traps that are around every corner. Just when I think I have seen it all, a different monster rears his ugly head. I think of my precious girls - excuse me, women. Just what have they conquered and what is on the horizon for my grandchildren? This is a world that seems to try to trick us into going against the values of our youth. Why is My Space such a big deal? I guess it is no big deal. But, why do we have the enter the "world" vicariously? I can hear the rationalization now. I guess some of us get tempted when we least expect it. God does give strength to conquer it if we just seek that power. The choice to seek is what we all have to make. I covet the prayers of those of you who are warriors. We - young and old alike - face many battles - some we never expect. Why can't we remain like a innocent child? I can only wish ...

No comments: