Friday, July 25, 2008

Life Is Good

Facebook is becoming an obsession! I have re-connected with many ex-students. I think I miss the interaction with my kids the most in retirement. I hear from some randomly; their reappearance always makes me happy. Many of them have married, started a career, and had babies. I miss them all.

Another person that makes me smile is my grandson. He is going to be a big brother in October. Wisely, his mom and dad take him to obstetric visits. He loves the sonograms. His latest visit was a real comedy. He was waving at his little brother in the sonogram and become quite distraught because little brother was not waving back. The incredibly observant and sensitive doctor lifted the very sad big brother up to the sonogram and said something like "See. Here are his hands. He's waving back". Even as a doting grandmother, I recognize that my grandson possesses above average intelligence. Those two boys are going to keep my daughter young, happy, and tired!

3 comments:

The Vann's said...

Hey Mrs. H, how are you doing? Carissa and I found your blog through facebook! Its so exciting to re-connect with teachers and old friends from highschool. Im excited to get to stock your blog :).... Check out ours, we have pictures of our beautiful baby girl. She is three months! Can you believe that we are married and have a baby... SO Crazy! Anyway, hope your doing well!!- Nick and Carissa

Anonymous said...

I love that story about Clayton waving! One can only hope that he wore the Batman cape while doing so! ;-)

Gran said...

I did see Eden's(sp?) pictures. She is beautiful! Stay in touch...