Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mean it when you say Thank You

This is the t-shirt my younger daughter and her husband wore when they were helping with a children's ministry in inner city Houston this summer. It was hot, hard work, but the rewards will be so amazing. Their time with lower economic children should remind all of us how blessed we are. I am blessed in so many ways: a husband who loves me and is an incredibly hard worker even when times are challenging, two daughters that make me so proud, their husbands who are such supportive help mates, two amazing grandsons (one who is three and one who will be born in October), blessed sister and two brothers who know what "family" really means, supportive true friends (especially Cecelia), and finally ex-students who have become incredible adults. I am so truly thankful that God saw my needs and gave me so many blessings. It is easy to be needy and say "poor me". A pity party has many eager guests. But to be thankful in all things is sometimes overlooked. I am truly thankful - even for "bad" things. "Bad" only makes me more thankful for the "good". I claim my favorite verse of Jer. 29:11. Thank you my husband, family, and friends (this group of friends include those ex-students who haven't forgotten me). I am blessed.

No comments: